The Daughters of Hawai‘i is a nonprofit organization with over a 100 year history in historic preservation in Hawai‘i. We are looking for an experienced, professional Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee our organization’s day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments towards maximum productivity. The candidate will be skilled in human resources, finance, and IT management, and have a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of teamwork, trust, diversity, and inclusion within the management team. The ultimate responsibility of this position is to achieve operational efficiency of two museums and general administrative functions of the organization. This position requires monthly travel to Kailua-Kona to conduct business.
Essential Job Functions
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to:
Administration & Management
- Works closely with the Executive Director to identify best practices for standardization and efficient operations. Develops effective policies and procedures to support an efficient and safe work environment.
- Manages the day-to-day operations including ongoing evaluation of program activities and results, ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled, analyze workflow, and make recommendations for program design and resource allocation for program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Liaise with service providers, management team, and maintenance team to address maintenance issues; ensure the Emergency Plan is up to date, ensure regular testing of alarm systems and identifying any hazards to ensure DOH complies with work site, public site, and historic site, health, safety and preservation standards are met.
- Develop department and operational goals, with adherence to Daughters policies and procedures.
- Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable, working closely with the bookkeeper and the management team to ensure timely payments, deposits, and financial reporting. Reviews monthly income/expense worksheets with the management team to ensure information is recorded timely and accurately. Provides preliminary analysis reports to the Executive Director for program evaluation.
- Coordinates the administration of awarded grants and work contracts, monitoring progress of agreements and maintaining appropriate documentation to ensure the fulfillment of terms.
- Work closely with the company's Human Resource Outsourcing (HRO) provider to ensure all HR systems, processes and procedures are kept compliant with applicable state, federal and non-for-profit industry requirements.
- Work with the HRO Provider to develop standardized on/off-boarding, training and retention programs, including new hire orientation and final exit interviews. Ensure the ongoing review and updating of the Employee Handbook, employee benefits enrollment and other key employee information.
- Manage an effective employee communication process including the provision of regular performance feedback and annual evaluation.
Communications & Technology
- Coordinate the development and execution of a marketing and communications program to increase annual visitors, along with identifying and tracking KPI and ROI to evaluate effectiveness.
- Create and distribute press releases and work closely with the management team to establish a marketing/social media strategy.
- Maintain donor and member database, including integration with and content maintenance of website, domains, e-marketing and e-commerce.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or closely related field.
- Three to five years of related work experience working in a managerial capacity.
- Strong organizational, administrative, project management, and financial management skills; comfortable in a hands-on role; and willing to meet the mission and goals of the Daughters of Hawai‘i.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative management style, excellent people manager, open to direction, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills are critical to success in this position. Must be able to interact with stakeholders, vendors, and visitors and project a positive, professional attitude.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and G-Suite.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams, both on and off-site.
- A proactive and flexible approach, with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities, while making informed decisions under pressure and prioritizing key tasks.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, with an unquestioned commitment to confidentiality and integrity in personal and professional activities.
- Ability to travel to both locations, meetings, trainings and other events as required, acquiring and maintaining proficiency in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position.
- Pass background screening and interview process.
We offer a beautiful work place environment, competitive wages, and more. Apply using the form on this page or by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t received acknowledgement from our office within 24 hours Monday-Friday, please call to speak with Kanoe at (808) 595-6291.