Happy March to you all! As spring approaches, bringing growth and vitality to the world around us, it also brings changes to the Daughters of Hawai‘i. This past Friday, we hosted our 2021 Virtual Annual Membership Meeting. A main point of interest at the meeting was saying mahalo to our Board Members of the previous year and welina mai to our new 2021 Board of Directors!
With that, we’d like to congratulate the newly elected 2021 Board of Directors:
- Regent Manu Powers
- First Vice-Regent Martha Morgan
- Second Vice-Regent Joelle Kāne
- Third Vice-Regent Leslie Brown
- Fourth Vice-Regent Kehaulani Keanaaina
- Fifth Vice-Regent Puamohala Kaholokula
- Sixth Vice-Regent Wendy Rice Peterson
- Recording Secretary Kawehi Apo
- Corresponding Secretary Rachel Kawakami
- Treasurer Alexa Zen
- Historian Geraldine Miyamoto
- Advisor Janis P. Kāne
We are excited to have all of them leading us and look forward to the exciting changes 2021 has in store for us. We’d also like to recognize the time and effort that our former Board Members have dedicated to the organization. Last year was undoubtedly a challenging year for everyone. But due to the steady guidance of our past Board, we can now look ahead to the future. A quick thank you for all those who were able to attend and participate in the 2021 Annual Meeting as well. For those who were unable to attend, we hope that we will be able to see you at the next gathering, whether it is virtual or in person!